the stunning diamond...for both modern and traditional birthstones.
Here are a few known facts about diamonds;.
* The tradition of presenting a diamond as a promise of marriage came from Archduke Maximilian of Austria in 1477.
* Ancient Greeks thought diamonds were splinters from stars that fell to earth.
* Ancient Greeks also thought diamonds were tears of the Gods & crystallized lightening.
* Diamonds have been used as cutting & engraving tools since early time.
* In 16th century England, diamonds were used by lovers to etch romantic vows into window panes.
* Diamonds are believed to bring their owners wealth, happiness & protection.
So there ya go! For all of you with April birthdays, now you know a bit more about your magnificent diamond birthstone.