Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

New Summer Beads from Artbeads

Hi everyone and Happy Earth Day! It's a beautiful sunny day on the Eastern side of Washington State, and I'm so giddy because I received my order from Artbeads today! The following components will be created into a Summer themed necklace that will be featured in the Summertime Facebook Gallery from Artbeads this coming June. I'm so excited!! I'm also excited about Artbead's Earth Day Campaign! Check this out, you can be part of helping to save the tropical forest! How cool is that?!

Okay, onto the new beads! Lately, I've been trying my hand at creating with different materials, so I decided to try ribbon instead of chain. Artbeads has a great selection of stringing materials, and I fell in love with their silk ribbon, so I chose a gorgeous multi-blues silk ribbon. It's so soft, but very sturdy, and it matches the focal perfectly, which by the way is a very pretty Porcelain Starfish pendant.
 
For accents, I pulled colors from the pendant and chose Porcelain Cube beads in different colors. I chose cubes because the pendant is rectangle, and I want to somewhat keep the same shape throughout the design. But to break it up just a bit and help show off the cube beads, I picked Sterling Silver roundels. They are very bright and they match the shiny glaze of the Porcelain.

Artbeads has a HUGE selection of charms, but when I saw the Seahorse charm, I just had to have it! It is SO cute, and the details are amazing! It's Antique Silver and will add a classic touch to the necklace. If you notice, you don't see a clasp. That's because I'm going to do something different for the closure. It's completely knew to me, but then again....that's what I'm striving for. :) So, please bookmark my blog or if you aren't already, follow me, and stay tuned for the unveiling of my Summer themed necklace coming very soon. Also, I'll be blogging the rest of my order next week. I'll show you a completely different set of beads and components for an upcoming bracelet design.

"Thanks for reading! Happy Earth Day & happy creating!"

1 comment :

DVArtist said...

Very nice beads. Artbeads is the best.
Nicole/Beadwright

*BLOG ARCHIVE*