Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pin It

Widgets

Old Friends

The hubby (Craig) and I go to the eastern part of Idaho quite frequently. Takes about 20 minutes to get there. We pass by quite a few farms, but this one farm is loaded with beautiful horses. Craig slows down everytime we pass by, cause he knows how much I love horses. In early April, it was a beautiful sunny day, I had my camera with me, so we decided to stop and meet these horses that we've been seeing for almost 2 years. As soon as we walked up to the fence, a few of them came running up. They are saying, "hello" to us with much curiosity in this pic. The one in the middle is a young boy. He has a twin, and I remember seeing them when they were just a few weeks old. It looks as if the dark brown horse is saying, "hey, move over youngun!" I don't know how I got this pic, but they decided to give their profile shots. :) This beautiful girl couldn't get enough of Craig petting her. I think she fell in love with him! This old girl kept coming up to me and wouldn't have anything to do with Craig. She actually looks like she's smiling! It was an awesome afternoon! And I think we're going to take the time to stop and see them more often. Only this time, we'll have apples and carrots. ;)

4 comments :

Orion Designs said...

Sounds like a wonderful stop on your drive. Horses are amazingly perceptive, aren't they?

Meri Greenleaf said...

How cute! And they look so friendly that they definitely deserve carrots and apples. :)

brokenteepee said...

I love to go visit the horses across the street

Brenda. said...

Vicki, you are so right!

Meri, I agree!

Pricilla, looks like you and I have something in common.. :O :)

*BLOG ARCHIVE*