Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Silver & Glass!

I had the wonderful opportunity of receiving some Silver and Glass components from Artbeads last month. I've had the following jewelry pieces completed for a while, but I got a new camera for Christmas and have been busy learning all the the bells & whistles on it. So...after much learning and lots of picture taking, here are the pieces I created with my Artbeads order.


I designed this bracelet around a gorgeous Hill Tribe Flower Stamped Puffed Coin accented with clusters of Turquoise/Red Roundelles, Metallic seed beads, Glass Turquoise Druk beads, and Apple Jasper gemstones. I used my Argentium Sterling wire for the links, Sterling Silver rings & jump-rings, and finished it with a Silver-Plated toggle clasp. I also used Sterling Silver ball headpins, which leave a nice finish for all the wirewrapped beads.


While I was searching Artbeads for a silver focal piece for a necklace, I came across this very cool Green Man Charm, and I fell in love with him! er....fell in love with it! LOL! Anyway, he is my favorite, and I just had to have him!


I wanted the design to be just as unique as him, so for one side of the necklace, I made links with Fire Polished Lumi Green Czech Glass beads and connected them to Sterling Silver Marquise shaped links. For the other side, I used some of my own Sterling chain and a few more Lumi Green beads to accent beautiful Salmon/Peridot w/Half Picasso Roundelles.


I finished the necklace with a lovely Leafy Toggle Clasp. I think the toggle clasp blends nicely with the Green Man charm. I like for my designs to be different, and this one is a conversation starter for sure, as well as a definate head turner!

Check out Artbead's New Hill Tribe Additions & their exceptional Glass Beads!

Many thanks to Arbeads for another great opportunity to create with their awesome products!


Disclosure: I participate with Artbead's blogging community, therefore, I receive products free of charge in return for honest reviews. I have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received. Thank you.

No comments :

*BLOG ARCHIVE*