Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pin It

Widgets

One Hot Profile!

Please join me as I introduce Misschell of *chinamommy!* Her shop is full of fun and whimisical yummies!
What do you make, and what drives your passion for your craft? I make a variety of things. I still feel like I'm trying to find my nitch. I make "Cutie~Cupcakes", "chandelier frames," and "button pendants"... as of today! The cupcakes combine my love of sculpture, collage, "stuff", and whimsy.
What made you want to take your craft to the next level and sell on Etsy? I started on Etsy, because for the first time in my life, I don't have to work outside my home. I have a BA in Fine Art & haven't ever really used it. I love the idea of making something so cute, great, whimsical... whatever, that someone is willing to spend their hard earned $ on it, because they HAVE TO HAVE IT!
What is your best seller item right now? My button pendants are my best seller, partly because they are the first items I ever listed, and they're a quick, cute gift that's under $10!
Please share your best marketing venue. I've had a lot of luck by being on facebook! I also put a business card in EVERYTHING I send out (that's right, even the gals/guys at the electric company get one!). I blog: http://chinamommy04.blogspot.com/ & use that as my signature line on everything... I'm on myspace too: http://www.myspace.com/xiushui
Besides Etsy, where else can you be found? facebook (Misschell Myers-Shellenbarger), myspace, and my blog!
What are your goals regarding your business for the next few years? Get more items listed, treat it more like a (fun) job, grow my sales- I'd love to sell several items EVERY day. I'd also like to really find my nitch & continue to improve my artistic skills.
Tell one random thing about you that doesn’t involve your craft/business. I've known since I was about 8 that I wanted to adopt a little girl from China. Childbirth freaks me out, adoption was the only option for me! My daughter was 11 months when we met & she is just the BEST thing that ever happened to me. I wish more people would add to their families through adoption, it's an amazing thing!!
Share a few of your favorite Etsy shops. wow... a few of my favorites: well, like so many, I love theblackapple and elsiecake. I also LOVE: papermoongallery, flutter, lake, iHotto... I could go on for days!
Thank you Misschell! Visit *chinamommy* today! Keep tuning in for more hot profiles all month long! :)

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Brenda:
thank you so much for featuring me on your blog!! I ♥ it!!

~misschell

Brenda. said...

You are very welcome Misschell! I'm glad you like it. :)

*BLOG ARCHIVE*